3 December 2021
Dear FOSCA members, Wh?nau and Friends
Earlier today we finally received notification from the Ministry of Health regarding Aged Care frameworks within the traffic light system. The table below shows the visiting guidelines during the current “Red Traffic-light” stage.
Significant number of COVID-19 positive cases in your community;
community transmission uncontrolled and increasing.
Visiting in Aged Residential Care
- General family visits are permitted with appropriate adherence to physical distancing and other infection prevention and control (IPC) measures, for example mask wearing and outdoors where appropriate.
- There will be a limit on the number of visitors at one time, frequency of visits and by appointments only. Please phone for an appointment prior to visiting.
- Please ensure that you scan in using the QR code for secure method of record keeping for contact tracing.
- Visitors will be asked for evidence of vaccination status, and if not vaccinated, will require a negative COVID-19 test 48-72 hours before their visits.
- Resident outings may occur. When residents are out, residents/family should only visit places with vaccination certification requirements or outdoor areas, and follow contact tracing, mask wearing and all public health measures.
- Visitors should not attempt to visit if they have COVID-19 symptoms, are under investigation of COVID-19, or a close contact of someone who is under investigation of COVID-19 or a confirmed case.
Additionally, Shalom Courters look forward to welcoming our volunteers again – under the same regulations as general family visits.
If there is anything you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact either myself or Krishna on 09 521 7325.
Shabbat Shalom and Chanukah Sameach!